• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  KevinAdminKevin (CEO, LINITIX) responded  · 

We are planning to add a tagging system which will allow you to put a movie in a “category”.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KevinAdminKevin (CEO, LINITIX) commented  · 

We're working on this right now. We took a year to launch SERIST but we're back on MOVIST for a super release in the summer.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just checking in on this? I really want to use this App but stopped because the Genre feature isn't good. I need to be able to customize the genre to find my movies better. Thanks

• KevinAdminKevin (CEO, LINITIX) commented  · 

We'll achieve that with custom lists. It's a feature we have on our to-do list. We just needed to do other things first as part of the basics block before building this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This has been planned since 2014? Kevin- is this ever going to happen?

• Anonymous commented  · 

When I put the movies in genre mode it only categorizes based on the first genre listed. I have WAY more than 14 science fiction movies. Being able to add categories will totally fix this so I can make my own genre listings and make this app perfect. Please add this!!

• omarduronlopezomarduronlopez commented  · 

Categorías + in movie theaters + coming soon

• Anonymous commented  · 

Custom category sounds great. However, I'd prefer to have default genre as a higher priority. Most movies already have these defined in their metadata. I don't think I'd be tagging every single movie into custom categories.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just a thought whether it is via tagging or genre? Genre will be fixed as per source while tagging allows user to have personal tags.

• AnonAnon commented  · 

A sorting option within a category or at least in the main sections would be great. Sort by date, genre, lead actors, etc.

• PaulPaul commented  · 

This is a great idea!!!

Especially if the option is in the settings to make your own custom categories alongside 'Collection' and 'Wishlist'.

If it's tucked away in the settings, it gives those the option to use it, and those who don't want it have the same great, uncluttered experience we have with the present version.

Keep up the great work.

Love this app!

• Salah Salah commented  · 

Adding categories is definitely needed , so plz add it and maybe possibility to make costume categories like "what to watch this month" ... Etc

Feedback and Knowledge Base