How can we improve Movist?

Add TV series

Many own TV series on DVD and blu ray. Being able to add them to the collection would be great.

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jimmy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about one app that organizes your DVD collection, I mean if you collect movies you probably collect tv series dvd's as well. I am sure this is a pretty common request. Also find some way to organize by type of DVD (Blueray, special edition) I had an app on android that did this and it was free, I paid for this one thinking it would fully meet my needs by sadly I have about 75 shows, special discs, collections that don't show up at all. And I don't think that creating a separate app that we have to buy to manage our complete collection is the greatest plan as far as customer satisfaction goes.

Putting Movist and Serist in one app is definitely a challenge. However, I'd prefer not to have them separated. Trakt.tv has both movies and TVshow in one site. Rottentomato has both of them in one site. I believe Movist can do it as well. The experience within one app will be more seemless than separated ones. I'll be willing to do IAP as well.

If you make that app, that'll be awesome! For now, iTV Shows 3 is the best app out there with Trakt 2-way sync, leaving all the rest far behind. I believe that iTVShows 3 could be a good role model for you guys, and, since Movist is great already, you'll exceed my expectations!!

• Erick T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It definitely makes the most sense to have a separate app for TV shows.

I think TELEVIST makes more sense in a name. I can't wait to see what LINITUX comes up with.

Something that is severely lacking in apps like checkTrakt is the option to rate individual episodes. And I really think checkTrakt made a mistake trying to include movies.

MOVIST is such a great app because it isn't trying be an all-in-one app.

TV Series should be high priority. It'll complete Movist and I'd prefer it's all in one app even if it means an in-app purchase for the feature.

I think it should be in the same app. So if I pick an actor I'll see other his movies or TV series he acted in. I don't see the logic of making it separate. Perhaps an in-app purchase to add that functionality.

An all in one app would be the best option cause nobody out there do that at the moment..a separated app is not so interesting

Btw I like the "agendal and "to watch" feature from the app "Episode Time". Very useful info easily accessible.

Checktrakt just added movie support and I guess people like it better for it. The interface is inferior to movist by light years though.

• Natasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add tv series. I own several and would like to include them in my library.

• Niki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I like that, if you could add tv series to the app (MOVIST + SERIST) that could be a name, also, so far this is the best app to link trakt.tv and looks amazing, if the series app is like this one, I wouldn't mind a separate app for tv series.

Thanks.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base