How can we improve Movist?

Alpha/Chronological Thumbnail or List View

Alphabetical and chronological (based on release date) List or Thumbnail view option. The current view would be quite tedious to scroll through when you have more than 10 movies, which we all do.
To be clear, I would like the movies to list alphabetically by name and chronologically by your released within the alphabetical list. For example, The Italian Job was originally made in the 1960s, whereas the newer version would have a much later release date. The same is true for The Bourne Identity. True videophiles would have both copies of a particular duplication such as these.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    String Theory Guitar Academy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminKevin (CEO, LINITIX) responded  · 

In MOVIST 1.7 you can tweak the sort options for each list from the settings pane. We’ll improve this mechanism over time.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • thunkR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please allow the order of movies in the "Seen" list/tab to appear in the order the movie was watched or added. ..every time i go to look at my seen movies i always look in the upper left first by force of habit and always see the same NUMBERED (titled) movies like 50/50 and 300.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again, like my recent comment, if this option could be found in the settings, that would keep the main interface of the app clutter free and looking amazing!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Movist really does need this feature. I have hundreds of movies in my list and I would like to arrange them by date added or date released so I can quickly see my latest additions. Please add this feature. Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base